Quick Recipes- White Chicken Enchiladas
• 12 white or yellow corn tortillas (6 inches)
• 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
• 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup fat-free milk, divided
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
• 1/2 cup chopped green onions
• 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
• 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
• 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream • 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
• Wrap tortillas in foil.
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and cumin until smooth. Stir in chicken. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and red pepper until softened. Stir into chicken mixture.
• In another bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, jalapenos, cayenne and remaining milk. Stir 2 tablespoons soup mixture into chicken mixture. Place 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up. • Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (2 enchiladas) equals 405 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat. Originally published as White Chicken Enchiladas in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p31 Original recipe http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/White-Chicken-Enchiladas
Quick food recipes, quick cooking recipes, simple quick recipes.
Have a look my other home cooking recipes.
You may like Pizza with anchovies and blue cheese.