Today I have an infinity scarf pattern for you. It’s a great beginner project and only takes 30 minutes to make. I made a bunch of these for Christmas gifts this last and they were a big hit.
You can use any light-weight fabric for the infinity scarf.
Use whatever you like and whatever makes you feel fabulous!
Get creative and make it your own!
• Fabric Length: 65" Width: 27"
• Sewing machine
• Hand sewing needle
• Iron and ironing board
1. Select your fabric. Cut your fabric in half lengthwise so that it measures approximately length: 65" width: 27”. I leave the selvage on the fabric as this will be hidden on the inside of the scarf.
2. Fold your fabric in half lengthwise and pin right sides together (so that the pattern is on the inside). You will have a long rectangle of fabric.
3. Sew along the length of your infinity scarf where you just pinned. Make sure you just sew along the length of the fabric, don’t do anything with the ends yet. When you are done you will have a very long tube.
4. Lay your scarf on your ironing board with the seam in the middle of the scarf. Using the tip of your iron press open the seam.
5. Flip your scarf so that it is right side out.
Reach inside the tube from one end and grab the other end. Start pulling the scarf inside itself with right sides together.
6. Fold you infinity scarf in half so that the two open ends are laying on top of each other.
With the two ends of your scarf in your hands find the seam that you just pressed open.
Pinch together so that the seams are lined up and the right side of the fabric is facing each other. Pin.
7. Start stitching around the circle leaving a half inch seam allowance.
This should leave you a couple of inches to flip the scarf back right side out and hand stitch the remainder.
8. Tuck the raw edges inside the hole and pinch together.
You can stitch it closed using a hand slipstitch, or you can edge stitch it on the machine using matching or invisible thread.
Once you've closed all the openings, press your infinity scarf and your new accessory is complete!
Is just a round tube of fabric that you can loop around several times to add an instant pop of color to any outfit.
Your infinity scarf or loop scarf is ready to wear! It’s a nice versatile accessory for spring, and it also makes a great gift for all ages. Double it up or just wear it long for a different look Wearing your infinity scarf: When I first tried on my infinity scarf I had the scarf laying flat.
Make sure that your scarf doesn’t lay flat. Pull the two sides of the tube away from each other and fluff it up so it gives a fuller appearance. Loop it around your neck twice and puff up if necessary.
My other free sewing patterns:
Free pattern for sewing a balaclava
A Balaclava Free Sewing Pattern